A number of questions were researched and are answered about Julius Kirmse’s immigration to America:
- What motivated Julius to emigrate from Germany?
- What were the conditions of his village when he left?
- What family did he leave behind?
- How did Julius travel from his home Fichtenhainichen to Bremerhaven (Port of Bremen)?
- Where did Julius get the funds to pay for his travels?
- Was Julius a stow-away as family lore suggests?
- Did Julius travel with anyone he knew?
- Where/when did he learn about Perry County, Missouri?
These questions will be addressed in later chapters based on an examination of the passenger list along with other available information sources.