Kratsch Grandparents and Families
The starting point was review what is known about Michael Kratsch and his family.
Michael Kratsch Profile
The Justine Kratsch and Christoph Kirmse marriage record that was found in Rositz church record image, provides the following partial profile of Justine Kratsch’s father, Michael Kratsch:
- he was deceased at the time of the marriage of his daughter Justine to Christoph Kirmse, 7 Jul 1829
- he had at least three (3) children – 2 sons before daughter Justine
- he was a gardner
- he was a citizen of Grossröda
This became the basic criteria for determining the records for our Michael Kratsch and who were members of his family.
Births and Deaths With “Father: Michael Kratsch”
Since it was not certain that our Michael Kratsch died in 1913 and that his daughter, Justine (Kratsch) Kirmse was born about 1802, a broader range of births (1890 to 1829) was searched for children whose father was Michael Kratsch. And, since birth/baptism records are not available before 1809, the deaths of children whose father was named Michael Kratsch were searched from 1809 to 1900.
- Christine Kratsch (8 Aug 1833-24 May 1837) – Order of Birth: Child 5, Daughter 3 of mother (Not a candidate because she was born 20 years after Michael Kratsch died.)
- Anna Kratsch (10 Sep 1828-11 Feb 1835) (Not a candidate because she was born 15 years after Michael Kratsch died.)
- Hermann Kratsch (14 Feb 1831-30 Aug 1879) (Not a candidate because he was born 19 years after Michael Kratsch died.)
- Hanns Kratsch (abt 1808-14 Apr 1809) – Order of Birth: Child 1 , Son 1 of mother (A possibility, but father lived in Fichtenhainichen)
- Michael Kratsch (11 Sep 1810-6 Oct 1810) – Order of Birth: Child 2, Son 2 of mother (A possibility, but father lived in Fichtenhainichen)
Marriages with Father Named Michael Kratsch
The marriages at Monstab/Großröda for which Michael Kratsch is a father of the bride or groom were identified.
Marriages with “Groom Father Name: Michael Kratsch”
- Emil Paul Kratsch + Wallÿ Etzold (9 Jul 1913) – Groom Birth Date: 19 Jun 1869 (Not a candidate because groom born 53 years after our Michael Kratsch)
- Melchior Kratsch + Christina Mehlhorn (12 Jul 1821) – Groom Order of Birth: Child 6, Son 4 of mother (A possible candidate)
- Michael Kratsch + Sophia Geithel (24 Jan 1822) – Groom Order of Birth: Child 1, Son 1 of mother (A possible candidate)
- Johann Kratsch + Justine Junghanns (19 Jan 1826) – Groom Order of Birth: Child 1 , Son 1 of mother (Not considered a candidate because father is from Voljg?)
- Gottfried Kratsch + Anna Hempel (30 Apr 1868) – Groom Order of Birth: Child 2 , Son 1 of mother(Not a candidate. Groom born in 1831, 18 years after our Michael Kratsch died, See Gottfried Kratsch (11 Aug 1831-)
MARRIAGES WITH “Bride Father Name: Michael Kratsch”
- Christoph Kirmse + Justine Kratsch (7 Jul 1829) Bride Order of Birth: Child 3, Daughter 1 of mother – (Our known Christoph Kirmse and Justine Kratsch)
- Johann Zeissig + Anna Kratsch (30 May 1833) – (Not a candidate because Anna is Child 1, Daughter 1 of mother)
- Hermann Illgen + Johanne Sophie Kratsch (19 Jul 1846) – (Not considered a possibility because the bride’s father is from Romschütz)
Results of Search for Children
The following marriages were found that matched the general criteria, but cannot say for certain that these Kratsch grooms are the sons of our Michael Kratsch.
- Michael Kratsch + Sophia Geithel (24 Jan 1822) – Groom Order of Birth: Child 1 Son 1
- Christoph Kirmse + Justine Kratsch (7 Jul 1829) – Bride Order of Birth: Child 3 Daughter 1 (Justine born about 1802 ; Our known Christoph Kirmse and Justine Kratsch)
- Melchior Kratsch + Christina Mehlhorn (12 Jul 1821) – Groom Order of Birth: Child 6 Son 4
- We are missing a Child 2, Son 2. And if Melchior is Son 6, we are missing a Son and a Daughter as Children 4 and 5.
- Some children could have died before 1809 or never married.
- The search focused on Rositz and Großröda, Monstab. Marriages and death/burials could have been recorded at other churches.
- Secondary evidence given by the godparents of our Justine (Kratsch) Kirmse’s children can be considered. See .Jeffery-Bernhard Lensman – Report .
- One of Julius Kirmse’s godparents is Melchior Kratsch, neighbor and gardner of Graasa[Großröda] gives some support for Melchior Kratsch being a brother of Justine.
Since by Justine (Kratsch) Kirmse’s death record, Justine was born about 1802. the births of two sons are expected to be in 1801 or earlier.
Will also look for death/burial records of possible sons of Michael Kratsch. Birth/baptism records for births before 1809 not available in the databases searched – the birth dates can sometimes be calculated from death/burial records after 1808.